Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Diabetics: You Are What You Eat: Triglycerides and Diet

I must confess that I am a Steve Martin fan. Like me he studied
philosophy in his earlier days. He plays a banjo like I wish I
could. And he is funny. In 1987 he was in a movie entitled
“Roxanne”. He played a small town fire chief with an enormous nose
who fell in love with a beautiful astronomer played by Daryl Hannah.
The only problem was she had an eye for a younger fireman with a
relatively normal nose. C.D. Bales (Steve Martin), having a poetic
command of the English language, agreed to coach the younger and
much more awkward man in his pursuit of the educated astronomer. It
is a hilarious twist on an old story. In one of the more sober
scenes C.D.’s friend Trixie encourages him to pursue the young
maiden for himself since he was obviously in love with her. She
makes her point by saying the truth “is as plain as the nose on your
face.” Well said.

No comments: