Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Internet Home Business Opportunities: Data Backup for Beginners

It's 10pm. Do you know where your data is?
Data. Small bits of information clustered together to make Word files,
documents,pictures, MP3s, HTML etc. We work on our computers every single day
never sparing a thought for all those millions of chunks of data spread all over
our hard disks. The data is there and it does it's job.
Until of course the data is not there anymore.
72 hours ago I suffered from massive data loss. There were no hackers involved.
No power surges or lightning strikes. Just wear and tear on my hard disk. 20
Gigabytes of business and personal information gone forever. Passwords, HTML
files, ebooks all gone. I didn't lose any sleep though. Why? Simply because this
was my secondary hard disk that was only used as a backup drive. All my
critically important data is safely stored elsewhere.

No comments: