Monday, October 29, 2007

Internet Home Business: Home Business Tax Tips

If you have recently started an Internet or home business, your probably a
little intimidated by having to submit a tax return and the possibilities of
being audited. Simply follow these guidelines and rest assured that filing your
next tax return will go smoothly.
Get yourself an accounting ledger booklet
The first thing that you need to do at the beginning of every year is purchase
yourself a accounting ledger booklet. These can be found at your local office
supply store and can be found for under $10. You can deduct your millage and the
accounting legder also.
Keep a millage tracking sheet in your car
Each year I make myself a simple spreadsheet that I keep in the glove
compartment of my car. Each time that I need to get office supplies, or I go to
the post office to mail flyers, I write my beginning and ending millage down on
the spreadsheet. At the end of the year, I just transfer the millage over to my
accounting ledger.

No comments: