By Donovan Baldwin
Every week in every paper across America, you can find the advertisements of companies large and small which are in need of employees. Countless people answer these advertisements, interview, and some are hired. While this is going on, there is a large number of people leaving these companies and getting out of the ratrace. These are ordinary people who have discovered the benefits of working from home. They get out of the hassle and strife of office or factory, enjoy the flexibility and stress-free home business environment, and spend time with their family. Many of these people were able to start their new business and get it up and running, producing income, before they ever quit their regular job.
On its web site at www.sba.gov, the Small Business administration lists the following benefits of owning one's own home based business:
>You will be your own boss.
>Hard work and long hours directly benefit you, rather than increasing profits for someone else.
>Earning and growth potential are far greater.
>A new venture is as exciting as it is risky.
>Running a business provides endless challenge and opportunities for learning.
If you own your own home based internet business, you are joining millions of others who are enjoying the benefits of working from home and being their own bosses. In fact, in today's competitive world, where demands are constantly changing and employment carries with it inherent uncertainty, the trend towards creating a home based business is increasing at a fantastic rate, as more individuals realize the opportunity that is theirs, and businesses recognize network marketing and multi-level marketing as legitimate means of creating sales and expanding their customer base. Additionally, the growth of the internet and internet business opportunities has vastly expanded the field for the beginning entrepreneur.
In fact, the internet and the technology associated with it has opened new vistas for home based internet business projects that once might have been considered impossible. Operating a business online gives anyone the opportunity to work anywhere, anytime with the freedom provided by nearly universal internet access.
Internet business opportunity abounds with home jobs, affiliate businesses, and other ventures, but it is important that you match the program to your personality, skill level, experience, and personal needs and situation.
There are lots of very great home business opportunities, home jobs, affiliate businesses, Internet business opportunity ventures, but it is important for you to find the right program that fits your personal situation and also fits your skills and experience. In his book, "Small Business Management", Michael Ames lists several reasons why small businesses fail, and "lack of experience" is one of the major factors. Interestingly enough, many of the other reasons, such as poor business location, lack of funds, etc., do not have as great an impact in an internet business than in a brick and mortar business, another argument for chosing to begin an internet business.
It is easy to recognize the benefits of having your own work from home business. We have touched on the financial benefits and personal freedom, as well as the opportunity to live the lifestyle you desire. Having your own internet home based business should be fun. Being your own boss, setting your own schedule, and choosing the structure and future of your business can all be rewarding, but it is possible to overstress and overwork as in any other job. Spending all your time on your business can be detrimental to your enjoyment of life in general, and can jeapordize relations with family and friends.
Whether you decide to work part time or full time, simply starting your home business will begin to instill in you the true feelings of freedom as you work to your own schedule, and become your own boss. Once the business is begun, the opportunity to work when and where you choose will show you the true value of owning your own work at home interne business.
These types of businesses have the additional benefit that they can be started and grown to a rewarding size without immediately quitting your job or making significant changes in your life or relationships.
Below are a few reasons for investigating the possibility of starting an internet business that you can work from home.
1. You can be your own boss and be the direct recipient of the benefits of your hard work. This can also put you on the path to personal and financial freedom, allowing you to achieve your goals and realize your dreams.
2. This will be an opportunity to create a global business, linking to hundreds of companies and millions of customers worldwide.
3. If you are like most people, you don't want to sell things to family, friends and neighbors. In fact, you don't want to sell at all, at least not face to face. Fortunately, the internet offers the opportunity to sell to a worldwide market without ever facing a single customer. Additionally, many businesses have set up multi-level marketing structures that allow you to build a network of people who build their own work from home business, and you share in the profits of their successes.
4. The old saying is, "Keep doing what you've been doing and you will keep getting what you've been getting". You recognize the need to change to get something better than what you've been getting. In addition to increased income, decreasing taxes, and gaining control over your life and experiencing direct reward for your efforts in your home business will lead to greater self esteem and opportunity for personal growth and self-improvement.
5. You can do this without door to door sales. No postage. No printing. No brochures. No tapes. No videos. No long distance calls, but by instant internet communication worldwide. Save loads of money in an Internet home based opportunity. This aspect makes these opportunities priceless.
6. Working online from home allows you to try many projects. Taking on several will give you the opportunity to follow ideas and test new areas. This is great as long as don't expand beyond your capabilities.
7. Developing an international internet business allows you to meet and interact with entrepreneurs and individuals such as yourself from all over the world. These contacts can be invaluable from either a personal or professional standpoint.
8. Many of these businesses not only can help you establish estates which can be passed on to your loved ones, many offer the opportunity to pass the business itself as part of your estate. A business with a good residual income program can keep providing your loved ones with income for years upon your death, or can provide a fine retirment income even if you curtail or cease your business activities.
The author is retired from the Army after 21 years of service. He has worked as an accountant, purchasing agent, optical lab manager, restaurant manager, instructor and long-haul, over-the-road truck driver. He has been a member of Mensa for several years, and has written and published poetry, essays, and articles on various subjects for the last 40 years. He has been an active internet marketer since 2000, and now makes his living online. He has blogs on the subjects of Internet Business and Marketing, Health and Weight Loss, and Real Estate Investing.